Pages

Saturday, November 25, 2017

The Positive Effects of Blogging

I received an email notification yesterday morning about a new post on Lisa Bejarano's blog.  It's an excellent post that talks about Lisa's internal thought process when deciding how to lead a lesson on simplifying complex fractions.

A couple of hours later, I see Dan Meyer tweet he commented on Lisa's post on his blog.  I enjoyed Dan's analysis for a couple of reasons.  He offers the thought that it is impossible to practice the process that Lisa takes with her lesson plan.  I tend to agree with that opinion.  Then, I what I really enjoyed was the nugget he left behind in his "BTW" section.

He links an article called "The Positive Effects of Blogging on Teachers".  I hadn't seen this article before and it really hit home with me.  Many of the items discussed relate directly to me and my professional growth and journey.

Thank you Lisa and Dan for helping me along my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment