Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2018

3 ACT Tasks

As I am browsing through my previous blog posts, it appears as though I have never blogged about 3-ACT tasks.  I've been using these types of activities for the past five or six years.  I first found out about them in Dan Meyer's blog back in 2011. 

A large majority of the 3 ACT tasks I use come from Dan or Andrew Stadel (follow the links for a list of their activities).   There are quite a few really good ones to use this time of year in geometry, including Andrew's File Cabinet activity that I used in Applied Geometry class on Friday.

I don't have time to get into the fine details, but let's just say that the activity was a hit for my class of student who usually don't get too excited about doing math each day.  I wasn't fully prepared to record a video, but as we started watching Act 3, I could sense the excitement building.  Here is what I was able to record.



Needless to say, it was a fun day in class.  Thanks, Mr. Stadel, for the awesome activity!

(Last summer, I imported this 3 ACT activity into Desmos.  If you'd like the Desmos activity, here you go: 3-ACT File Cabinet Desmos.)

No comments:

Post a Comment